Monday, August 16, 2010

Whenever I open up Microsoft Office Word, I get a ';Preparing to Install'; message - how do

I'm using Microsoft XP Pro. When I try to open my Office 2003, I get a ''preparing to install...'', then ''Please wait while Microsoft configures.......'', then it asks me to insert the microsoft word CD (which I don't have with me). But if I click ''cancel'', Word opens up fine. How do I get rid of that message?



Whenever I open up Microsoft Office Word, I get a ''Preparing to Install'' message - how do I get rid of it?husqvarna



One of the options during the installation process is to not install all the features, but install them as you need them - which will trigger the message you are getting.



You will need the original CD's to insert the next time you get that message - which will also stop the message from happening again, or to reinstall Office.



Suggest you reinstall Office/Word and make sure you select the options to install most everything - it has a funny description about ''run from disk'' or something like that. It's been a couple of years since I did an install.

No comments:

Post a Comment