Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I want to teach Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Can I advertise their name on my webs

Is it illegal for me to actually reference Microsoft's name on my website? For instance, I will advertise that I teach Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint classes. Do I have to get permission from Microsoft? Can I use the software logos on my website? For instance, the little PowerPoint presentation logo, the Excel logo, the Word logo and the Outlook logo.



I want to teach Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Can I advertise their name on my website?downloads



The words can be used, as long as you follow Microsofts legal rules for them. You can find full information on the Microsoft legal website: http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/def...



The specific information on the logos and trademarks can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/about/legal/int...



For the logos, you must email the proper handler for permission and requirements (they are listed on the site above).



I want to teach Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Can I advertise their name on my website?house call



Maybe. Maybe not. This is a question that only Microsoft can answer. If I want to advertise that I teach QuickBooks, for example, I have to have a QuickBooks certification.



To be safe, drop an e-mail to Microsoft. They are known for stopping the use of their products' names by others, and for litigation, so be careful. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment