Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why is Microsoft's OS so vulnerable to malicious code compared to an Apple?

I'm a PC user, always have been. I've grown up with the different flavors and versions of windows and to date we have just made the switch to Windows XP. I've tried Ubuntu but I just didn't like how developer and complicated it was to work with compared to Windows.



I own the I pod which is one of Apple's products and I am quite pleased with their technology and engineering.



From what I have heard Vista is not ready for prime time but is much more secure than any windows version.



Why can't Microsoft re-design their operating system to adopt kind of how Apple has designed theirs? Not the interface exactly but to make it truly closed source so that it can't be manipulated by others that create malicious code.



Is it true that an apple computer running Apple OS is immune to viruses? If so then why was McAfee created?



Maybe I'll answer my own question here that Microsoft gives you too many options and customizability and Apple's OS does not.



Why is Microsoft's OS so vulnerable to malicious code compared to an Apple?computer protection



First off, it is not true at all. Apple has more outstanding critical defects. Read the following:



http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=758



All software has bugs. For every 1000 lines of code there is normally at least one bug. The more people that use your software, the greater the chance they will find one of these defects. As for virus writer, they like to target the OS with the most user for obvious reason. To prove that Apple was just as vulnerable you can look at the Month of Apple Bugs project:



  • howtomakeupwithyourgirlfriend
  • kenra products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment