Friday, August 20, 2010

Can't Install Microsoft Updates Please Help!!?

I tryed to set up virtual pc 2007 on my computer. I downloaded the software directly from microsoft and started installing microsoft windows 98 on my computer. Soon after the blue screen of death came fllashing across my screen. I got in and uninstalled all the software and files that had already been installed, then repaired all the windows files with my set up disc (please note i repaired, i didn't reformat.) everything was working fine until i went to install updates. It downloaded them all but it wont install them! I checked the microsoft website for help and all it told me was to delete some files then install activeX 6. Well it didn't work and im still stranded without important updates. I really dont want to reformat unless it comes down to that (please dont let it.) Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!



Can't Install Microsoft Updates Please Help!!?live update



They're not that important, critial updates can be downloaded manually, but they're not needed for Win98 to operate.



Can't Install Microsoft Updates Please Help!!?norten



This could be a major issue, when you repair, most programs and UPDATES will not work in this case, as the computer believes they are still installed when infact the files are still there. Best chance, reformat and start Windows over. It will be a lot less painful than trying to fix this.
I think the only thing you can do is reformat it.



Sorry for the bad news

No comments:

Post a Comment