Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Trial of Microsoft Office 2003 expired... now wont let me open my files!?

I bought a new computer about 4 months ago. It came with a trial of Microsoft 2003. Now it is saying that my free trial has expired and that I must purchase the full product. I'm not happy about this, but at the moment, it wont let me open ANY of my files (instead pops up saying ''need to upgrade from trial'') and I'm at a loss. I need my files! I've come to the point where I will pay whatever they are asking (it doesnt say how much), but when I click ''continue with purchase'' it just opens to a blank white screen. HELP! Anyone know what is going on or have any solutions? I'm basically at a stand still! Would openoffice.org be able to let me into my Word files at this point, or is there no way to get around Microsoft holding them hostage?! (it will let me open select files, but I cant edit or change anything in them...)



Trial of Microsoft Office 2003 expired... now wont let me open my files!?computers



Well, there are two options...



1. Download OpenOffice.org! It is a free office suite similar to microsoft office, but open source and free. You can open Word files with Writer. Go to this link and download: openoffice.org. (don't worry, this is a clean program, so spyware or anything)



2. If you use gmail, you can email it to yourself, and it will have a link, ''open with google docs.'' You can access your files from there. It is like an online MS Word

No comments:

Post a Comment