Friday, August 20, 2010

Will microsoft repair my xbox 360 even if I have no recipt?

I recieved my xbox 360 as a gift last year, and it is now flashing the three red lights. I know microsoft is willing to repair it free of charge, but will they still do it if I have no recipt. I have tried to phone microsoft, but i am always on hold, and am never able to reach an agent.



Will microsoft repair my xbox 360 even if I have no recipt?microsoft office



You do NOT need a receipt.



I have had to send mine in for repairs already.



When you call and speak to an agent, they will ask for the serial number on the back, so either write it down or take the unit with you to the phone. And as long as you didn't mess with the Microsoft silver sticker under the faceplate you are fine.



The serial number tells them when you purchased the unit, so there is no need for a receipt.



Also, it may take a while to get someone, but the call is free so just be patient.



Will microsoft repair my xbox 360 even if I have no recipt?norton antivirus



MS has the new policy where they will replace or repair any 360 that has the red ring of death for 3 years from the date of purchase. Now, the 360 came out on Nov. 2005. It is now July 2007. That's less than 3 years, so you should still be under warranty.



If you call MS and the agent says you need a receipt, ask her when the 360 was released, and then ask her what date it would be 3 years from the date that she gave you. Now ask her again, if you need a receipt. My guess is that she'll say no.
Yes



as in, you don't need the receipt.
Yes you would need it. i don't have a 360 myself and i'm pretty sure you would need to send the recipt with it. if you don't have it, then go get it fixed somewhere else and have Microsoft pay you back. I've done this a lot of times with other electronics and it requires proof of purchase.



That's what i heard on the news.
Well if you want to know and yea you do not need a receipt just the serial number and yea to get through to a agent fast just say random things when after you say xbox console and then xbox 360 say somthing he doesnt say a couple of times and then it will connect you straight with an agent



hope i helped



  • howtomakeupwithyourgirlfriend
  • kenra products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment