Friday, August 20, 2010

Beginner Microsoft Office question...?

I need to ask what some may think is a very amateur question. I am very much a beginner with computers and recently bought the software called ''Microsoft Office-Home %26 Student 2007'' so that I could convert a movie-script I am writing from just fooling around with an old typewriter to something that looks professional. Question; this software does so many different things that it is confusing me...I know all I need to use for my purpose is Microsoft Word but, can anyone tell me which font most closely resembles ''typewriter-type'' script or, even better, are there any writers out there who can tell me exactly which fonts are used when submitting a professional manuscript to a publisher? (Or a movie-script to a studio?)



Also, are there any books available to explain exactly everything this software can do instead of sitting here and trying to guess or experiment with everything I may wish to do with it in the future?? I would sincerely appreciate any advice!!



Beginner Microsoft Office question...?norton 360



Courier New is the font you are looking for. It is installed on darn near every computer.



As far as MS Word / MS Office books are concerned... go to your local Borders or Barnes and Noble. They will probably have no less than 50 books, specifically dealing with Word and the other office applications. Ask an employee to help select one that is good for beginners, if you are having trouble finding one.

No comments:

Post a Comment