Friday, August 20, 2010

What about this Microsoft 'Automatic Update' thing?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloa...



The above web page has the following paragraph:



Automatic Updates distribution process



To help our customers become more secure and up-to-date,



Microsoft is distributing Internet Explorer 7 as a high-priority update via Automatic Updates. Distribution of Internet Explorer 7 by Automatic Updates will take several months to complete. Learn more.



Now, I could tell you what I think this means: that Microsoft is getting tired of people not downloading Explorer 7 (and other things), and is being unilateral about it. Personally, I don't want Explorer 7. I have Windows XP and it's doing just fine with 6.



But I did get a screen earlier today that said this:



''Updating your computer is almost complete. Your computer needs to be restarted for the updates to take effect. Windows will restart your computer automatically in _____ minutes'', and I didn't do anything and was quite surprised and annoyed.



What about this Microsoft 'Automatic Update' thing?nortan



I feel ya man...



Windows just did the same to me and totally destroyed a beautiful photoshop collage that I had been working on for a client wheni ran out of the room to grab a glass of OJ. So... yeah, one more hour of work LOST thanks to Bill-Friggin-Gates and his dumb *** ideas.



I HATE that they feel the need to dictate when to restart your compy whenever they like, and If I had the $$$ to buy Mac, I totally would.



  • howtomakeupwithyourgirlfriend
  • kenra products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment