Monday, August 9, 2010

Question on Microsoft Money (Expenses)?

Hi,



I have just started using Microsoft Money (2005 standard) and have linked up my credit card accounts. I've had dinner with 9 friends last week. The total was $500, which I paid with my credit card. It was $50 for each person, and I got $450 back in cash.



Now, when I reconcile that transaction and categorize it as "Dining Out", it tries to put all $500 into my "Dining Out" spending.



What's the proper way to set this up, so Microsoft Money knows that I've spent just $50 in "Dining Out", and got $450 in cash?



Thank you!



Question on Microsoft Money (Expenses)?



Create two transactions.



1) $50.00 Dining (Food %26 Beverage)



2) $450.00 Cash



OR



Make note on the $500.00 transaction as $450.00 cash back.



Question on Microsoft Money (Expenses)?antivirus downloads



You may have to edit the transaction to just show the fifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment